In this video John shares the basics of Batteries, Safe Battery charging, How to jump-start, and how to release the noot lid or trunk when the battery is flat and your secret keyhole does not work. Although much of this will be applicable good practice for any car. This video is specifically looking at the Jaguar XK8 XKR (X100) and X308 models.
Ring SMARTCHARGE 8 My semi-pro but old and bulky charger reconditioner. (hard to get now)
CTEK Charger. Modern compact trickle charger. (Readily available)
Never Use This Jump Starter on Your Car, DIY life hack and car repair with Scotty Kilmer. How to jump start a car that has a dead battery. Car destroyed by cheap jump starter. How to use jump starter on your car. The best jump starter to buy. The worst jump starters for your car. Jump starter review. Jump starters explained. Car advice. DIY car repair with Scotty Kilmer, an auto mechanic for the last 51 years.
Thanks for watching!
⬇️ Things used in this video:
1. Jump Starter:
2. Common Sense
3. 4k Camera:
4. Camera Microphone:
5. Camera Tripod:
6. My computer for editing / uploading:
Mechanic Monday Official Rules:
1. The Mechanic Monday Giveaway will begin June 17th at 7 am CST and run for six days, ending on June 23rd at 9 am CST.
2. There will be one winner of a jump starter valued at $80
3. To enter, simply leave one non-offensive comment in the video below.
4. Only one comment per entrant is allowed and more than one comment will not increase your odds of winning.
5. Must be 18 years or old at the time of entering this giveaway OR have your parents’ permission.
6. This giveaway is open worldwide.
7. Any offensive, obscene, or lewd comments will be ineligible to win the giveaway.
8. The odds of winning are based on how many people enter the giveaway.
9. The winner will be chosen at random.
10. The winner will receive a reply to their originally posted comment in the video by Scotty around Sunday 9 am CST. The winner will be required to respond to Scotty’s comment within 24 hours or their win will become void and a new winner will be chosen at random.
11. The winner will be required to give Scotty their full name and mailing address to receive the prize.
12. Entrants that use computers, programs, or any other means of cheating by adding additional comments through more than one account, will be ineligible to win the giveaway.
13. Standard mailing time from the win date and the date received, will depend on the winner’s geographic location.
14. This giveaway complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations, including U.S. sanctions.
15. Entrants that do not comply with YouTube’s Community Guidelines will be disqualified:
16. This giveaway is in no way sponsored, administered, or associated with YouTube. Entrants are required to release YouTube from any and all liability related to this giveaway.
17. Privacy notice: any and all personal data collected from the entrants and winner will only be used to announce the giveaway winner. The winner’s full name and address will only be used to mail the giveaway prize to the winner and nothing else. If you do not agree to these terms, then do not enter the giveaway.
⬇️Scotty’s Top DIY Tools:
1. Bluetooth Scan Tool:
2. Cheap Scan Tool:
3. Basic Mechanic Tool Set:
4. Professional Socket Set:
5. Ratcheting Wrench Set:
6. No Charging Required Car Jump Starter:
7. Battery Pack Car Jump Starter:
🛠Check out my Garage to see what I use every day and highly recommend:
► Subscribe and hit the notification bell for all new videos:
Scotty on Social:
This is the people’s automotive channel! Learn how to fix your car and how it works. Get a chance to show off your own car on Sundays. Or show off your own car mod on Wednesdays. Tool giveaways every Monday to help you with your own car projects. Or enter your own DIY car fix to compete in the best fix of the week contest every Thursday. We have a new video every day! I’ve been an auto mechanic for the past 50 years and I’m here to share my knowledge with you.
Here’s our weekly video schedule:
Monday: Tool giveaway
Tuesday: Auto repair video
Wednesday: Viewers car mod show off
Thursday: The Best Fix of the Week Contest AND Live podcast, car question and answer
Friday: Auto repair video
Saturday: Second Live podcast, car question and answer
Sunday: Viewers car show off
Scotty Kilmer is a participant in the Amazon Influencer Program.
How To Jump Start A Car Battery – NOCO Genius® Boost™ GB30 UltraSafe™ Lithium Jump Starter
A detailed product overview of the NOCO Genius® Boost™ GB30 UltraSafe™ Lithium Jump Starter. In this ‘How To’ video, you’ll learn how to operate every function of the jump starter, as well as, when to use the Manual Override Mode and several helpful troubleshooting tips.
Starting at $159.95 at:
About NOCO Genius® Boost™ GB30 UltraSafe™ Lithium Jump Starter
The NOCO Genius® Boost™ GB30 is a mini, portable, lightweight and pocket sized lithium-ion battery jump starter for 12-volt batteries. With it, you can safely jump start a dead battery in seconds – up to 20 times on a single charge. It’s mistake-proof, making it safe for anyone to use and features spark-proof technology, as well as reverse polarity protection. The GB30 lithium car jump starter integrates with a high-output dual LED flashlight with 7 light modes, holds its charge for up to one year and features a USB battery pack for recharging personal devices on the go. It’s suitable for use on vehicles up to 6 liters (6000cc), such as a car, boat, truck, RV, motorcycle, ATV, lawn mower and more. For more information, visit
Some Frequently Asked Questions On NOCO Genius® Boost™ GB30 UltraSafe™ Lithium Jump Starter:
Some Frequently Asked Questions.
Q: What happens of you touch the clamps together?
A: Nothing, it is perfectly safe and there will be no sparks. Boost has built in sensors that prevent power from being delivered, unless a battery is detected.
Q: What happens of you connect to a battery backwards? (Reverse Polarity)
A: The error LED will illuminate, but it is perfectly safe and there will be no sparks. Boost will not deliver power unless the battery is connected to the battery correctly.
Q: Do you have to disconnect any cables to use this product?
A: No. Connect directly to the positive post first, then the negative.
Q: How long does it hold a charge?
A: It can hold 70% of its rated capacity for up to one year. For optimal performance, we recommend charging the device at least every 6-12 months, after initial charge.
Q: How is it recharged?
A: It is USB rechargeable. Any qualified USB AC Adapter, Car Charger, Laptop or any other USB powered port can recharge the device.
Q: Can it recharge my branded smartphone?
A: Yes. It can recharge all generations of smartphones on the market, as well as, HD action cameras, tablets, music players, wireless speakers and more.
Q: Does it have any limitations on car engine size for jump starting?
A: Yes. It is primarily designed for single battery vehicles with engine displacements up to 6 liters or 6,000cc. This vast majority of vehicles on the road are below this size, and will work with Boost.
Q: Can it jump start a motorcycle? What about a lawn mower, et. al.?
A: Yes. It can jump start any vehicle, like a car, boat, motorcycle, ATV, lawn mower, RV, tractor, truck and more.
View Other Videos On NOCO Genius® Boost™ GB30 UltraSafe™ Lithium Jump Starter:
Lithium Jump Starter Vs. Car Jump Starters:
Lithium Jump Starter Vs. Other Jump Starters:
Extreme Temperature Test:
Extreme Drop and Roll Test:
Actual Demonstration With Willie B:
Featured On Two Guys Garage:
Subscribe To Our Channel:
View Our Lithium Jump Starter Playlist:
Vist Our Website:
Official NOCO Site:
Genius Boost Page:
Follow Us On Social Media: