When you work in commercial real estate brokerage, you will be pitching your services on a regular basis to property owners and business proprietors. For this reason your presentation strategy should be well crafted and considered.
Certain standard marketing elements can be applied across all property presentations, but unique property information should be overlayed to match the property to the market and the opportunities available. Specific presentations win the attention of the client and convert the lists more effectively.
Consider these questions:
- What makes your property presentations different and engaging?
- Why should the client choose you to solve their property challenge?
- What can you do with the particular property listing that will attract more inquiries and shorten the time on market?
- How can you get the best price or rent for the client in an efficient and direct way?
These four questions are at the heart of pitching and winning new listings in office, industrial, and retail property. If you do not have specific answers to each question then your presentation will be difficult to convert and win.
It is now easy to see why you should have a very specific approach to presenting your services in sales, leasing, and or property management. Here are some elements to consider and to help you devise your property presentation approach:
- What is your 'claim to fame' when it comes to the local property market? Your brokerage will have some profile (hopefully it is substantial and positive), and you will have a personal profile as a property specialist. Review the sale and leasing results that will help you win the attention and confidence of the client. Have some testimonials that support your claim for success in the industry segment.
- What is your market share today in the segments that are relevant to the listing? Have provable numbers that will help the client see that you have the 'lions share' of the inquiry relevant to their property type. It is hard for a client to ignore dominant market share and deal results over time.
- Hopefully you really are a specialist in the location and the property type. That will allow you to 'drill down' into property and marketing specifics. Tell the client exactly how you will reach into the target market and convert more inquiries for their property. Help them see the process by telling a few relevant success stories from the local area. Stories help engagement in any property presentation.
- Pert and Gantt charts will help you display the sales and leasing process for any property. The more complex the property, the greater the need to show the client the stages of marketing, inspections, and negotiation. Selling or leasing a property can be a stressful process for many clients; make it easy for them to make a decision by using charts and graphs that apply to moving ahead with you and your brokerage.
These simple strategies allow you to move into a property presentation with focus and information. That will make it easier to engage the client to see and accept your recommendations as a property specialist.
Source by John Highman